cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Factory default C Series codecs

Steve Judd
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any other way to factory default a C Series codec with entering the shell?

Remote key series etc?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

4 Replies 4

Dharmesh Nandoria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hii Steave,

it is possible from web interface also ,

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Steve

Nice to see you in here

As far as i know there is no way to factory default the unit with a remote control key combo. The C20 can be factory defaulted by holding the power button in for 10 seconds followed by 2 short presses.

For the C40,C60,C90 I guess you have to run, either the set factory command

xcommand SystemUnit FactoryReset Comfirm: Yes

Or you can use the serial cable, webinterface or just reinstall the whole thing from scratch using a TFTP server or swap software images.

Each of these is a process though. Anything more specific you want to know about?

/Magnus

Thanks Magnus, I thought I'd dip a toe in! Been a lurker for a while.

This is the result of a specific issue with a C60 we RMAd, we swapped over the codec via tms and after the unit rebooted the LAN port remained permanently lit. I have asked them to FD the unit but they have no laptop they can use to connect to the serial and obviously with the LAN port Having an issue they cannot go in via IP. I'll have to wait for the Laptop to arrive!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Well without serial or lan connectivity it seems you are out o luck. I cant remember from the top of my head but is it not possible to factory reset this from the gui of the codec using the remote under the admin settings?

Did you try to pull the plug and see if you get lan connectivity again?

Else you have to get a serial connection up and i guess you know what to do from that point on anyway

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App