Views
Helpful
Replies

H323 / SIP IP Dialing

Francois Lieuze
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have to connect SIP endpoints registered on a CUCM with H323 endpoints and all of them should be able to make call on Internet. To do that, I deployed that kind of architecture :

H323 endpoint <-> VCS (gatekeeper) <-> CUCM <-> Expressway C <-> Expressway E <-> Internet

I have to use a VCS because Expressway C can't be used as a gatekeeper.

Now, H323 endpoints can communicate with SIP endpoints without any problem. SIP endpoints can also communicate with internet using Collaboration Edge. My problem is to allow H323 endpoints  to make call to internet.

On my endpoint, I want to call an IP address, but if I route the call to the CUCM using the neighbor zone without doing any transormation, I've got that error message : Bad Request - 'Malformed/Missing URL'

I guess it's because the CUCM is waiting a SIP URI. But I can't do any transforms on H323 IP Dialing... I tried to use a rule like (\d*\.\d*\.\d*\.\d*) to transform my IP in a SIP URI with a fake extension number (like 9999@IPadress) but it's not working.

I'm afraid that my architecture can't permit H323 IP Dialing... Have you got any advice ?

Maybe I can make a neighbor zone between VCS and Expressway C to route call using H323 IP Dialing ?

Thank you in advance for your support.

Regards,

François

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Francois

Which protocol uses your remote destination endpoint ?

I think neighbor zone between VCS and Expressway-C  is right solution.

With neigborn zone you do not need addional convertation H323>SIP>H323.

In any case, you can try, and then tell us what has been achieved :-)

br Oleksandr

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi Francois

Which protocol uses your remote destination endpoint ?

I think neighbor zone between VCS and Expressway-C  is right solution.

With neigborn zone you do not need addional convertation H323>SIP>H323.

In any case, you can try, and then tell us what has been achieved :-)

br Oleksandr

Hi,

Sorry, I totally forgot to answer...

Neighboring works fine, thank you.

I still have a problem with far end far end hang up detection. I will search and open a new topic if I can't manage to make it work.

Anyway, thank for your help !