Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with TMS E-Mail templates and Numeric ID

We currently use TMS email templates to send the MCU dial in number to the meeting organiser in the email template "Edit Booking Confirm" via the line:

<SECTION:NUMERIC_ID> {NUMERIC_ID]: <VAL:NUMERIC_ID></SECTION:NUMERIC_id>

However, we can't seem to get the same thing to work in the email that is sent to system contacts, i.e. the "EventNotification SchedulingEvent" template.

While we use automatic connect for our default conference type, it's still handy to have the Numeric ID sent to users so that if they arrive late or their unit isn't turned on in time, they can manually dial in without contacting the helpdesk.

Is there a way to insert the Numeric ID into this template, or another way to automatically distribute it to participants/system contatacts without the meeting organizer manually forwarding it on?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You cannot use the tag in the EventNotification SchedulingEvent template. In general, moving tags from one template to another is not possible.

I don't see an obvious way of achieving what you want.

Regards,

Kjetil

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

mahkrish
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Nick, Let us know the TMS software version installed and MCU model number and software version used for E-mail templates.

BR, Mahesh Adihtiyha

We are using TMS 13.2, Telepresence Server 8710 2.2.

When you say "software used for email templates" do you mean for Exchange integraiton?  We are using TCX 2.1 (soon migrating to TMSXE 3) but I thought that was independant of the actual templates in Exchange.

I should clarify that last statement - I meant "I thought the Exchange integration was independant of the E-Mail templates configured via the TMS application".

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You cannot use the tag in the EventNotification SchedulingEvent template. In general, moving tags from one template to another is not possible.

I don't see an obvious way of achieving what you want.

Regards,

Kjetil

Thanks Kjetil - so no other automatic way to send the dial in number to other participants (they don't have to be the system contact)?