Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to add VCS Release key using CLI

HI,

I am doing a new Telepresence Installation, we have a fresh virtual VCS installed here. The VCS GUI page was accessible earlier but suddenly it stoped working for some reason.

I have the release key and other option key received from Cisco Licensing team. now I am stuck because I don't know how to add release key by using CLI.

Please help me if anyone know how to add the release key by using the CLI or any other option than GUI.

I think I will get the GUI back once I put the release key into that.

Note:- the GUI was working till yesterday.

Thanks & Regards,

Nikhil Jayan

2 Replies 2

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Nikhil!

In general you should be able anyhow to add the key through the web interface, that should

be up even if no key is present. So if you can not access the web site, you should check your

firewall, network settings and/or try to reboot the VCS (handy to have a virtual or serial console up during the

boot process to see if there are any errors when the vcs comes up).

Besides that, sure its possible to enter release and option keys through the tsh/admin login.

xcommand OptionKeyAdd

I did not find anything about adding a release key, what I would do is to upgrade (or use the same software version)

and follow the command line (via root user) info:

Upgrading using secure copy (SCP/PSCP)

To upgrade using a secure copy program such as SCP or PSCP (part of the PuTTY free Telnet/SSH package) you need to transfer two files to the VCS:

n Atextfilecontainingjustthe16-characterReleaseKey(requiredfortheVCSplatformcomponentonly). Ensure there is no extraneous white space in this file.

n Thefilecontainingthesoftwareimage. To transfer these files:

1. If you are upgrading the VCS platform component, upload the Release Key file using SCP/PSCP to the /tmp/ folder on the system. The target name must be release-key, for example:
    scp release-key root@10.0.0.1:/tmp/release-key
    l Entertherootpasswordwhenprompted.

l TheReleaseKeyfilemustbeuploadedbeforetheimagefile.

2. Upload the software image using SCP/PSCP. l FortheVCSplatformcomponent:

o Uploadtothe/tmpfolderonthesystem.Thetargetnamemustbe/tmp/tandberg-image.tar.gz,for example: scp s42700x5.tar.gz root@10.0.0.1:/tmp/tandberg-image.tar.gz

Check out the vcs admin guide for more info.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Martin,

Thansks for your reply...

I followed the below procedure to add the releasekey and it worked well.

• Login VCS as root user over SSH (or console windows from VMWare client)
  • Execute, echo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > /tandberg/etc/rk, command (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is RK).
  • For example , echo 1234567891234567 > /tandberg/etc/rk
  • Execute, reboot, command.

Thanks & Regards,

Nikhil Jayan