cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to build an interface panel for the MX700 system

william_goodway
Level 1
Level 1

I have created the interface panel using the In-Room Control Editor, but I don't know/understand where to put the the <Event> code to perform an action when a widget is pressed. There seem to be no complete XML samples in the documentation on how to put it all together. My initial goal was to allow the users to switch the output configuration of the monitors from  single to dual mode and back. I can easily import and export the XML code generated, but the event code disappears.

Any help or samples appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The In-room Control feature doesn't work like that as it doesn't control the codec itself, instead it works in conjunction with third-party control systems such as Crestron and AMX for example, it's these control systems that then control devices that their connected to.  If you haven't already, suggest you take a look at the In-Room Control on Touch 10 Guide for more information.

So your saying that they created a tool to interface with other peoples tools but ignored the system they are connected to? I doesn't seem right as it provides a nice interface to what could allow simple extensions to the codec.

So how do I allow users to configure the system to their needs without calling upon IT for help?

One solution is to use the In-room Control feature with an external control processor which can then change configuration settings on the codec.  Otherwise, if they need to make configuration changes, they will need to either have access to the codec's web interface, but if that's not an option they would need to contact someone in IT.

If you would like for the In-room Controls to allow someone to make configuration changes to the codec itself, you should contact your Account Manager and submit a feature request.