Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 and "resolution unknown" issue

rlavender
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've been working with an issue where sometimes some systems at a customer site will display "resolution unknown" on the touch panel when connecting a computer to share content from.  The signal has to make its way through several Extron A/V devices before it reaches the SX20s, and it seems one of those devices is the problem, but Extron has not been able to reproduce the problem.  I wanted to post here and see if anyone might have seen similar issues in a setup where a content signal had to reach a codec after traveling through several other devices.  It doesn't have to be the same exact setup, just similar.  I'm also interested in any other situations where people have received the resolution unknown error.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would suggest you try removing all devices between the SX20 the video source, verify that is working, then add one device back at a time until you find the culprit.  If you have the ability to trace the video signal and see what is being passed, you could check to make sure that the signal is one that is supported by the SX20, and not being manipulated in any way.

Already been through those steps. It actually has been traced down to one device where removing it solves the problem.  Its just that the manufacturer, using all the same model equipment we are, can't reproduce the problem, so they can't really help if they can't see anything happening.

This may be a case where its just the way it is and you have to wait a moment for it to clear up or unplug and replug.

Perhaps there's a firmware version difference between what you're doing and what the vendor is trying.  Have you upgraded all the firmware on the Extron equipment to the latest versions?  Or have you tried downgrading the "problem device" to see if that makes any difference?

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.