cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to downgrade Tandberg codec C20 from ver.5.1.7 to ver.3.1.2

amir00003
Level 1
Level 1

Hi! I have a TANDBERG Codec C20 in my company. Serial number: F1AN37C00167. I didn't use it more than 1 year but when I've found a use for it, I upgrade it to a current version of the firmware TC5.1.7.299667. Unfortunately, I did not know what to use it I need a release key.

The system has valid release keys only for TC3 and TCNC3.

So I downloaded from http://ftp.tandberg.com/pub/software/endpoints/tc/ all TC3 firmwares and tried to downgrade to them but any times upload procedure is aborting with message "Corrupt software-package uploaded".

My codec was shipped with TC3.1.2.

What to do? Can you help me to downgrade back?

Thanks in advance!

And sorry for my english, please :-)

5 Replies 5

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

How could you possibly upgrade it successfully to TC5.1.7 if you didn't have a release key? The upgrade should have failed and reverted back to TC3.1.2 without you doing anything.

Having said that, you really need to upgrade, not downgrade, see the following security bulletin for how to obtain fixed software for customers without a valid service contract:

http://tools.cisco.com/security/center/content/CiscoSecurityAdvisory/cisco-sa-20140605-openssl

Scroll down to "Software Versions and Fixes", expand this and go to "Obtaining Fixed Software" then see "Customers Without Service Contracts".

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

amir00003
Level 1
Level 1

Please close this topic. I've found a way to downgrade by this doc: https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/99701/upgrade-using-winscppdf

Firstly, I downgraded to tc4 and after that to tc3

Thanks!

You are making a big mistake by downgrading, if you indeed are able to - would've been interesting to know how you were even able to upgrade, and if that upgrade actually worked. Read the security bulletin I provided a link to.

/jens

I agree with Jens, using the security advisory he pointed out, you can upgrade the codec to the most recent version of the TC software for free.  It's also good to point out that once you get past TC6.1, release keys are no longer required, the only thing required is a valid service contract to download the software.

You'll need to "close the topic" yourself by marking your thread as answered.

Please take the good advice of Jens (and as also recommended by Patrick, and now myself) - you really should consider upgrading your device because of all the security vulnerabilities in the earlier software releases and for all the compatibility fixes included in the newer software.

You can get the upgrade to the latest software for free through the TAC - no service contract required (although you should get one to entitle you to future software upgrades).

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.