Views
Helpful
Replies

I can use the Cisco TelePresence Server MSE 8710 without VCS or CUCM

gsilva
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We are planning install Cisco TelePresence Server MSE 8710 for our customer.

we haven´t install this equipment, then we need know if is possible install the Cisco TelePresence Server MSE 8710  standalone, like a MCU, without a CUCM or VCS.

Regards,

GSilva

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It's possible, it sounds like you already have an MCU in place, just set it up similar to it.  Of course, with a call control server, such as VCS or CUCM, it would make dialing into the TP Server much easier, but isn't required.

Hello! What about Cisco TelePresence Server on VM sphere on server, if we will use it, do we need to integrate CUCM or VCS in addition? Please, specify. 

Thank you!

Virtual TP Server requires Conductor to function, since it runs in remote managed mode only. I haven't read anyone running Conductor as standalone without sone form of call control, so I can't say if have the Conductir requirement would require a call control server or not. In either case, I would say if you deploy Conductor, a call control server is a must. 

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It should be possible to reach the device via ip for sip and h323 without a call control,

but as the TPS does not have an IVR this might not work out for the typical IP dialing target group.

Even if its a bit outdated (seems not to be EOL though), the 8510 MCU can be an option as the stand alone IP support  might be better.

If you want to move to the TPS 8710 later you can migrate it later as well, its the same hardware.

It would be interesting to hear how the current deployment and setup looks

like and what benefits you see on deploying it without CUCM or VCS and how your requirements / use case are.

This here seems to be a special case, for new setups I would recommend to use CUCM, Conductor and TPS.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your answer.

Definitely the solution final will include this equipments

TPS 8710 in a MSE8000 Chassis

VCS C

VCS E

Conductor

90 Endpoint of video (Cisco, Polycom)

I am looking  information, about the installation and integration,  but I have a doubt

It´s necessary install the Conductor. Is the best option for work with the TPS?

Regards.

Guillermo