cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Importing and Exporting Phonebook for CUCM and TMS

mbowden7
Level 1
Level 1

How can I set up TMS and CUCM to use the TMS phonebook for an endpoint registered on CUCM ? I have added it to TMS but and TMS can pull CUCM Phonebook, but how does CUCM see the phonebook for other Infrastructure in TMS to populate in CUCM Directory?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If the TelePresence endpoint is running TC7.0 or later, you can configure it within CUCM to use TMS as an alternate phone book source, it also requires TMS 14.4.  Refer to the Administering TC Endpoints on CUCM 10.5.1 (TC7.2) on pg 24 for more information.

View solution in original post

DX endpoints doesn't support TMS phone books at this time.  This will change later this year when they release CE software for DX70/80 endpoints migrating them away from Android, at that time they will be adding TMS to support them.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If the TelePresence endpoint is running TC7.0 or later, you can configure it within CUCM to use TMS as an alternate phone book source, it also requires TMS 14.4.  Refer to the Administering TC Endpoints on CUCM 10.5.1 (TC7.2) on pg 24 for more information.

Patrick Thanks but its the Android OS also how do I point Cisco Jabber for Desktop to TMS?

DX endpoints doesn't support TMS phone books at this time.  This will change later this year when they release CE software for DX70/80 endpoints migrating them away from Android, at that time they will be adding TMS to support them.

Shashank Mahajan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can mention TMS in "Alternate Phone book server type" in Product Specific Configuration Layout section of Phone configuration and provide it's URL. This way it would pull the phone book from TMS being registered with CUCM.

The problem I have is the endpoints are DX70 80 and 650 and I do not see the "Alternate Phone book server type"

mbowden7
Level 1
Level 1

Question in my current environment I only have DX and Jabber 11.5 registered to CUCM but TMS  is the centralized phonebook. How can Cisco Jabber use that Phonebook