Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Integrate TMS with WebEx through a proxy

I am testing our new TMS server (version 13.2.2).

In the Administrative Tools->Configuration->Conference settings menu on the TMS it is possible to setup WebEx's service information. Which I did.

However it always fails to connect. I think it's because it tries to connect directly while all connections have to go through our web proxy.

Is there a way to setup the TMS to go through a proxy for the integration with WebEx ?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

daleritc
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Matthieu,

Negative wrt your question and in fact, TMS does not like proxies at all. Therefore, attempting something like this will give you all kinds of other issues possibly.

And keep in mind, and in TMS 13.x.x, this is Webex v1. And keep in mind, and as announced in the TMS 14.1 release notes, Webex v1 along with TANDBERG S&S and LiveMeeting is now gone TMS 14.1 in preparation for supporting Webex v2. Therefore, if you intend to use Webex v1, then you'll need to stick with TMS 13.x.x.

rgds,

Dale

View solution in original post

Hi Matthieu,

1. Correct, there will be a gap. TMS 14.2 will support Webex OneTouch 2.0. TMS 14.2 is due out early/mid calendar year Q213. However, and keep in mind, things in the development world can always slip

2. That "magic" is being worked on as we speak. Stay tuned...

And as far as your side note, and as I said to you on another thread, I'm not a marketing guy so I don't spin up the fluff. However, I'd suggest making direct contact with your Cisco partner and/or your direct Cisco sales/accounts guys so has to get the 'straight skinny' and clarify your confusion.

rgds,

Dale

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

daleritc
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Matthieu,

Negative wrt your question and in fact, TMS does not like proxies at all. Therefore, attempting something like this will give you all kinds of other issues possibly.

And keep in mind, and in TMS 13.x.x, this is Webex v1. And keep in mind, and as announced in the TMS 14.1 release notes, Webex v1 along with TANDBERG S&S and LiveMeeting is now gone TMS 14.1 in preparation for supporting Webex v2. Therefore, if you intend to use Webex v1, then you'll need to stick with TMS 13.x.x.

rgds,

Dale

Dale,

Thanks again.

This is very clear. I just went quickly through the Cisco TelePresence Management Suite 14.1 release notes

Two questions though:

1. The statement "Cisco WebEx OneTouch 2.0 will be supported in a future version of Cisco TMS" if I understand it correctly, means that there will be a gap during which TMS will not support WebEx one touch at all. Is that correct ? If, yes, what release of TMS 14 is it planned for. It is not written in "Planned changes for future releases" section
  2. Will TMS 14.1 like proxies ? There's no metion about it in the TMS 14.1 release notes. If not, how TMS is suppose to connect to WebEx service for meeting scheduling ?

As a side note, I was reviewing Cisco's videos and documents about WebEx OneTouch but as most of Cisco's communication regarding Telepresence it is very confusing. The fact that Cisco's is talking about Telepresence to refer to both it's legacy CTSMan-CTMS-CTS endpoints and TMS-Tandberg products makes it confusing for us who have both and tries to integrate everything together. In the end it is often hard to understand which Telepresence, Cisco is talking about. As an example:

Hi Matthieu,

1. Correct, there will be a gap. TMS 14.2 will support Webex OneTouch 2.0. TMS 14.2 is due out early/mid calendar year Q213. However, and keep in mind, things in the development world can always slip

2. That "magic" is being worked on as we speak. Stay tuned...

And as far as your side note, and as I said to you on another thread, I'm not a marketing guy so I don't spin up the fluff. However, I'd suggest making direct contact with your Cisco partner and/or your direct Cisco sales/accounts guys so has to get the 'straight skinny' and clarify your confusion.

rgds,

Dale

Dale,

Thanks for the head's up.

For the side note, I understand you are not a marketing person. It was not directed to you, just a general comment.

Best Regards,

Couple of additional questions related to the discussion.

1. How to determine what version of webex is being used?

Service version:  WBS28

Page version:     28.7.0.15459

Client version:   28.7.0.15458

Docs version:     28.7.0.4

How does this reconcile with V1 or V2?

2. Using TMS 13.x, when entering the "Web Conference Configuration", it responds "unable to connect to Webex server".  What are the possible issues?

Thank you,

Hi Matthieu

TMS 14.2 has now been released and is available on Cisco.com

/Magnus