cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to turn off camera of WebEx room kit when calling into a video conference

Hi All,

Wanted to know if there is an option turn off the local camera of the WebEx room kit when dialing to a video conference.

We do not want others to see the local video regardless of who is hosting the meeting.

Cheers

14 Replies 14

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can just dial the call as an audio call, then the endpoint won't send video.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Today it is not possible to mute video in call. 

Video mute is planned for CE9.7.0. This will do exactly what you are looking for. 

/Magnus

Is there an option to turn off the camera always from the web interface?

Cheers

You could set the Main Video Source to an Input that doesn't have anything connected.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne,

Changing the DefaultMainSource input value works fine for the requirement.

Let me know is there a certain hardware/accessory or software/plug-in to fulfill this requirement without changing the DefaultMainSource value?

Cheers

Hi Magnus,

Any ETA for the CE9.7.0 release date?

Cheers

Hi,

End of March / early April is the current estimate

/Magnus

Hi Magnus,

How would be the option be available for the end user. Will it be from the touch pad or from the web portal itself?

Cheers

A button on the Touch or On-screen UI.

/Magnus

Hi @Magnus Ohm, this feature sounds perfect for one of our end user requirements! But: on our test RoomKit (running ce9.8.0.ece17b2774f), when we're in a call, we don't see a button that lets us mute video. Could you please advise where the button should appear? Are there any options we'd need to enable on the RoomKit to cause it to appear? Does ce9.8.0 include the feature?

Thanks & Regards,

Andrew

We searched for options that might control the video mute feature and found this (screenshot below) - it's currently set to "Auto" - the other option is "Hidden", so I assume that "Auto" is correct?

Capture.PNG

Okay, got it working. For the next person who tries this: we needed to search for "Experimental" in the RoomKit's web UI, then changed the hidden setting "CanShowVideoMuteButton" to "True". We now get a button when dialling in, and while dialled in, to conference calls that lets us switch video on or off.

The "Experimental" setting doesn't need to be set in the latest software code (CE9.7.1), the abilty to mute the video from the Touch10 is enabled by default and the button appears when you are in a call.

Wayne

I was able to enable the MuteVideoInCall button on 2 separate systems (Touch10 + SX20 & Touch10 + WebExRoomKitPlus), but when restarting both systems, the Experimental settings do not stay. All I am trying to accomplish is the MuteVideoInCall. What setting or settings am I missing?

Mute Video In Call button Touch10-resized.jpgWebEx Touch10 Video Mute 1-resized.jpgWebEx Touch10 Video Mute 2-resized.jpg