cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

is it possible, Video endpoint registered in CUCM call standalon SX10 via SIP Trunk ?

susanto.liu
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Need help :)

is it possible, Video endpoint registered in CUCM call standalon SX10 via SIP Trunk ?

my customer won't buy TP-lic :)

Topology :

8900(Jabber)---CUCM---(SIP)---SX10

Customer, have MCU machine.

if not possible. is it possible, use MCU meeting point ?

Topology :

8900(Jabber)---CUCM---MCU---SX10

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

1. Yes, but it's not that simple and straight forward as the SX10 can only be reached by calling it's public IP address, and CUCM does not support IP address dialling nor is it a SIP address format..

2. Yes, using the MCU would be a much simpler, easier and, in my opinion, a better solution to implement. Here's an example of how a stand-alone SX10 could dial the IP address of the MCU Auto-Attendant.

You could also assign an SIP URI address to the meeting point which the SX10 can connect to.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

View solution in original post

It doesn't matter what the endpoint is, if it's standalone then you'll have to dial it via IP address and you'd have to implement the workaround noted in my previous reply.  It's best if you register the endpoint to your CUCM.

Yes, an endpoint can dial point-to-point, there are numerous discussion on this throughout the forums with configuration examples.

In order to dial a standalone endpoint via IP address, you'll either need a VCS-C/Eor Expressway-C/E, they are required to implement the workaround previously mentioned.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

1. Yes, but it's not that simple and straight forward as the SX10 can only be reached by calling it's public IP address, and CUCM does not support IP address dialling nor is it a SIP address format..

2. Yes, using the MCU would be a much simpler, easier and, in my opinion, a better solution to implement. Here's an example of how a stand-alone SX10 could dial the IP address of the MCU Auto-Attendant.

You could also assign an SIP URI address to the meeting point which the SX10 can connect to.

/jens

Thank you Mr. Jens

i mean this topology only LAN. Ni public ip. is is possible make video call ?

As Jens has mentioned, CUCM doesn't support calling via IP address, doesn't matter if it's on the LAN or WAN. However, it is possible with a workaround that requires either you have a VCS-C/Eor Expressway-C/E, see Dial IP Addresses from Endpoints Registered to CUCM with VCS / Expressway Configuration Example. 

Thank you Patrick.

I have new question :)

Even if sx10 replace with sx20 or MX product, it's not possible make video call?

I have read in this forum video call can happen if SX call directly SX (point to point).

So if video endpoint registered CUCM want make video call with standalone video endpoint, it's need VCS ? Or MCU? Or telepresence server?

It doesn't matter what the endpoint is, if it's standalone then you'll have to dial it via IP address and you'd have to implement the workaround noted in my previous reply.  It's best if you register the endpoint to your CUCM.

Yes, an endpoint can dial point-to-point, there are numerous discussion on this throughout the forums with configuration examples.

In order to dial a standalone endpoint via IP address, you'll either need a VCS-C/Eor Expressway-C/E, they are required to implement the workaround previously mentioned.

Ok, Patrick, it;s clear.

Thank you very much my friend :)