Helpful
Replies

ISDN outbound Dial from TMS

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Dear Experts,

I have a setup of the following items

CUCM 10.5, VCS x8.2.2, TPserver320/TP conductor,TMS 14.5,  SX20 registered to CUCM, MXP3000 and ISDN GW registered to VCS.

we are trying to book conference from TMS with 2 SX20 endpoints and 1 outbound ISDN number.

our issue , 2 SX20 will be connected and ISDN number failed.

to call isdn number we use the ISDN number as a SIP. this is the only acceptable from TMS.

when we start the conference we found that the ISDN number sent like 92XXXXXX@CUCM-IP-address, and it didn't reach the VCS.

it seems it stuck in call manager because there is no URI registered on the call manger. we have only route pattern 92! forwards calls to VCS.

is there any way to manipulate this incoming URI 92XXXXXX@CUCM-IP-address in the callmanager to remove the right side of URI to match this route pattern ?

Note: all partition and calling search space are configured correctly.

thanks in advance

Anas

7 Replies 7

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You don't need to manipulate the host portion of the URI. CUCM need the host portion to accept the call and it will then strip it off and send it to the user portion of the URI. If this is not happening then something may be wrong with the configuration..

Can you send the cucm traces and well as VCS diagnostics traces..(set it to debug)

You can also try configuring a physical phone with the 92XXXXX number as a test and see if it rings when you dial it from the ISDN GW

Please rate all useful posts

from conductor it calls any registered endpoint in the CUCM, but when it calls ISDN number it didn't reach VCS at all. 

I check the logs in VCS, there is no record in the search history  for that.

what kind of configuration you are suspecting ?

Regards

Anas

This means that cucm expects the user portion to be a valid extension not a route pattern. This is why ISDN GW can call registered endpoints. I am not an expert on conductor configuration/design but you may have to revisit how you have deployed this solution. It looks like CUCM is not going to route this call out back to VCS.

May I ask why you are sending this call to CUCM?

Please rate all useful posts

the call is sent to CUCM because conductor is registered to CUCM. between conductor and CUCM there is SIP trunk to route calls

In TMS, do you have the ISDN number configured as a SIP Dial-Out Participant? How did you format the URI in TMS?

Ayodeji is correct about Route Patterns, the host portion will get stripped off. 

What actually happens is IF 92XXXXX is matched and routes to the VCS SIP trunk, the host URI will be replaced with whatever you have configured on the SIP trunk destination, so the VCS will see the call destined to 92XXXXX@<IP of VCS> or <DNS name of VCS>. You will have to have a transform on VCS to strip that off.

One work around you could do is configure a domain name, say isdn.yourdomain.com. Then in TMS configure the Dial Out Participant SIP URI to be 92XXXXX@isdn.yourdomain.com.

The create a SIP route pattern that matches domain of isdn.yourdomain.com to route to VCS. Create a transform on the VCS that matches (.*)@isdn.yourdomain.com and replace of \1 which would strip the domain and only leave the number..

In TMS, I tried both URI format: 92XXXXX@CUCM-ip and 92XXXXX@VCS-ipaddress, both of them they are not working.

Unfortunately, 92XXXXX after stripping off it doesn't match the route pattern towards VCS. Actually this is my issue.

right now, we don't have sip domains. do you think creating sip domains will help me to resolve this issue ?

regards

Anas

When external video endpoint dial inbound to your endpoints registered to CUCM, which domain do they dial? Which domain are your external SRV records pointing to?

You can try either of the following:

Option 1

Configure CUCM with Cluster Fully Qualified Domain

IE - your SIP domain is company.com

In CUCM go to System -> Enterprise Parameters

Cluster Fully Qualified Domain -> company.com

You will need to do a reset so do this after hours

Then in TMS, for your SIP Dial Out Participant, configure 92XXXXX@company.com

If you configure this parameter, any CUCM registered video endpoint dialing out to the VCS will display as a calling party of for example 123456@company.com instead of 123456@<IP of CUCM>. 

This might also help to get the 92XXXXX Route Pattern to match.

Please reference page 19 in the guide below:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/X8-2/Cisco-VCS-SIP-Trunk-to-Unified-CM-Deployment-Guide-CUCM-8-9-and-X8-2.pdf

Option 2

Configure new ISDN domain with a SIP Route Pattern 

Your other option is to basically route based on a dummy domain of for example isdn.company.com 

In CUCM -> Call Routing -> SIP Route Pattern

Add New -> Leave Pattern Usage to Domain Routing -> IPv4 Pattern enter isdn.company.com . Put in appropriate partition then under SIP Trunk/Route List send it to your VCS

In TMS for the SIP Dial-Out participant, set it to 92XXXXX@isdn.company.com

In VCS Control, create a transform:

Pattern type: RegEx

Pattern string: (.*)@isdn.company.com.*

Pattern behavior: Replace

Replace string: \1