cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IX5000 and Webex / VIMT

chris.barlow1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, does anyone here use immersive systems (IX5000) with Webex meetings and /or  MS Teams via VIMT?

I note it's listed as partially supported for Webex.

"IX is designed for on-premises conferencing and is very sensitive to packet loss over the Internet. Users can experience video loss even with 1% packet loss."

I currently get an error (ERROR Call ended due to video quality configuration mismatch) but not will not spend too much time troubleshooting it if it's a single screen experience or prone to call drops?   

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I checked on this with a colleague that was at an office. This is the UX we see with Webex.

If you are in the IX room and two other people are in Webex, you would see one person in the center screen and the other would appear on the left screen. The presentation would appear in presentation display. You can move the presentation around if you'd like that, for example to the right screen.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

We have IX5000 systems that we use together with Webex and it works fine.

Not sure what VIMT is, would you mind to provide a little more information on the specifics?

Response Signature

Thanks Roger. VIMT is the new name for Microsoft Teams CVI from Cisco.

It does multi-stream for dual screen endpoints but not sure about three screens like the IX. 

For Webex is it a three screen experience? I know it's not immersive but do you get three video streams plus presentation?  

As Roger stated - IX5000 to Webex Meetings should be fine, I've done it countless times. As for CVI to MS Teams, I doubt you'll get more than one screen of live video. My guess - live video will be on center screen and content will be on the content screen. I don't have any way to check it however, I'm not near an office with an IX. 

You know I haven't barely been at the office for about +one year, so I'll be damned if I recall that specific details. I could likely trigger the call to connect via the webUI to see how it behaves, I'll get back to you on this tomorrow.

Response Signature

I checked on this with a colleague that was at an office. This is the UX we see with Webex.

If you are in the IX room and two other people are in Webex, you would see one person in the center screen and the other would appear on the left screen. The presentation would appear in presentation display. You can move the presentation around if you'd like that, for example to the right screen.

Response Signature

About CVI we don't have that any longer, we only tested it very briefly and then decided that the same UX could be had with Webex meetings without any need to buy extra licenses for the MS integration. So I cannot check on this.

Response Signature

chris.barlow1
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Roger that's very useful and makes it worthwhile troubleshooting this connection