cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Video Account Management

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is it possible for an end user reset their Jabber Video password that is in TMS, so that an administrator doesn't have to do it every time they forget or have to keep being bothered with password requests?

We use a mix of user accounts for Jabber Video that are from within our organization and outside, so not all of our users have AD accounts, hence I have to manually create accounts for those outside our group that constantly hold meetings with us.  The issue is, that we have so many inside and outside users that managing the inside users is becoming more of a manual process than I'd hope to like.  I simply can't enable AD import within TMS because the passwords would be created at random and then we'd have to manually change them to something generic or send each user their account info, however we'd like to keep the account passwords simple to prevent them from being forgotten or misplaced.  On the other hand, I can't enable AD authentication on the VCS, because than our manually created outside users wouldn't be able to login due to not having an AD account.

I'd like to enable AD import within TMS, but I can't get past the password issue without enabled AD authentication on the VCS, which will then prevent the outside users from logging in.  It's like dominos, you get past one thing, then something else falls, and so on.

We're currently using TMS Agent Legacy, we hope to switch to TMSPE sometime in the near future.

So any ideas, as to how we can much easily manage our outside and inside users and accounts when it comes to Jabber Video? 

Thanks, Patrick

1 Reply 1

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Base on my understand/knowledge, there is no API for managing provisioning user on TMS therefore unfortunately what you are looking for is not supported with current specification.