cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Video for Telepresence (Movi) Login

Ben Cargill
Level 1
Level 1

The Jabber client (Movi) is allowing any password to login.  Can be a blank password or a made up one. 

It should be only using the defined password in TMS.  I'm pretty sure it always worked like this, so I'm not sure what changed.

VCS version 7.2 and TMS version 13.  Still using legacy TMs agent.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thank You.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you configured Default Zone to “Treat as Authenticated”?

This parameter should be configured as “Check Credential” for VCS to challenge user credential (password challenge).

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you configured Default Zone to “Treat as Authenticated”?

This parameter should be configured as “Check Credential” for VCS to challenge user credential (password challenge).

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please note, default zone is handling incoming signal from unregistered devices.
The subscribe request from Jabber Video for provisioning/registration authentication is based on authentication policy configuration on default zone.
Default Subzone is handling incoming signal from locally registered devices.
The presence information handle between registered endpoint therefore authentication is based on authentication policy configuration on default subzone.

Ben Cargill
Level 1
Level 1

That corrected it.  Thank You!

That solved the problem on the VCS control for inside jabber clients but i'm seeing the same thing on the outside when clients register to the expressway.

Its just accepting either no password or any made up password and they are logged in.  Not using the defined TMS provisioned password tied to their account.

I changed the default zone on the expressway to check credentails but that causes the authenication outside to fail on anything with the jabber client.

Am I mssing another step to have it force a credential check?

For TMS provisioning with VCS-E and VCS-C where user authentication handle on VS-C,

• Leave authentication policy on VCS-E as “do not check credential” on Default Zone, Default SubZone, and traversal zone between VCS-C.
  • You should change authentication policy on VCS-E as “Check Credential” on Default Zone and traversal zone between VCS-E.