Views
Helpful
Replies

No calls to internet

nikhil.kmr
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team,

In our Organisation, we are not able to dial an endpoint on Public IP, the call is showing connected but no audio or video. But we are able to recieve the incoming call from a public endpoint on our internal endpoint with both audio and video properly coming.

our Internal Endpoints are registred with VCS.

Im Attaching the snapshots for VCS control and VCS expressway both. Kindly Suggest something.

Regards

Nikhil

9 Replies 9

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is “Calls to unknown IP addresses” configuration (VCS Configuration > Dial plan > Configuration) on VCS Control and VCS Expressway?

VCS Control should configured this parameter to “Indirect” and VCS Expressway should configured this parameter to “Direct”.

Also should remove “Any IP address” search rule on VCS Expressway pointing to VCS Control.

Hi Tomonori,

Have checked the settings, VCS is already set to indirect and VCS ex Set to Direct, and also Disabled the Any IP address rule on VCS expressway.

But Issue is still the same, while making an outgoing call to Public IP address the call is connected but neither any audio nor video.

Kindly Suggest further.

Regards

Nikhil

How does VCS Expressway deploy?

Is VCS Expressway in DMZ and have NAT IP address configured?

Do you have diagnostic log from VCS-E for outgoing call (looking for OLC negotiation to clarify what IP address has been informed).

Dear Tomonori

Yes the VCS expressway is installed with Dual Nic Option in DMZ, and yes the call was going previously, But now no audio & video for outgoing calls, But incoming is working fine.

I’m attaching the diagnostic logs for VCS expressway.

Below are the IP of VCS expressway.

VCS Control (internal) IP: 10.240.15.42

VCS Expressway (external) IP: 115.111.143.13

These are the public IPs which we are dialing are:

These are the Diagonostic Logs below

Regards

Nikhil

I don’t see the log (if you already posted it).

Please feel free to send me the log directly, tomtanig@cisco.com.

Please include xconfig information from VCS Expressway as well to review the current configuration.

Hi Tomonori,

Sorry couldn't attach it on the previous reply.

Im attaching the xconfig & diagnostics Logs for VCS expressway on your mail.

Regards

Nikhil

No problem, I haven’t receive your e-mail yet, but I will check the log once receive it.

Thanks for diagnostic log.

From log, VCS-E can’t establish H.225 TCP session between destination IP address for Q.931 negotiation, Detail="Sending H.225 ReleaseComplete Q.931 Cause:No route to destination, H.225 Cause:Unreachable destination, Additional Info:None".

This caused call setup failure.

I suggest to review firewall configuration making sure TCP session allow to establish between far end device where calling out.

Hi Tomo,

we will look at the firewall configuration, and get back to you

Rgds

Nikhil