cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Video Version 4.4.3 Prompt

melwilson
Level 1
Level 1

I downloaded the new version of Jabber Video 4.5 (build 16762).  Now when I open Jabber upon first opening, I get a drop down telling me version 4.4.3 is available to download and asks me if I want to download.  I have tried deleting 4.5 and installing 4.4.3, then reinstalled 4.5 and I still get the same message.

When I open Jabber Video I get a drop down which states the following "Cisco Jabber Video for Telepresence version 4.4.3 is available.  Do you want to download it now?  Ask Later/Download and Install.

How do I get rid of this?  If I go to About Jabber Video, it clearly shows I'm on the latest version 4.5

2 Replies 2

Adam Wamsley
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Melanie,

Did you download Jabber 4.5 manually or were you notified about 4.5 through you client? Are you the person whom manages the Jabber provisioning? For you to receive this prompt the provisioning template in TMS would have been configured to push software updates to all the jabber users. It looks like this template is still configured to push out the 4.4.3 version of Jabber so when it sees that you are no longer on this version it notifies you that it is available. If no one has updated this template with Jabber 4.5 then perhaps they prefer users to stay on 4.4.3 until they update the template to push out 4.5.

Adam

I get the same message when configuring my enterprise version 4.5 to work with Cisco "free" version instead, time for Cisco to update the "free" client perhaps. #justsayin

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.