Views
Helpful
Replies

Kickstart file for CUCM

rusheeljain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I wanted to install CUCM 8.6 via cobbler or any other automated provisioning tool

Hence for that I wanted to know is there any way I can get a kickstart file for the same like how to give NTP server in kickstart file or security password / certificate information and other required things

THanks

Rusheel Jain

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The closest Cisco allows you to get would be the Answer File Generator. If you're working with VMware you would need to generate a virtual floppy image for the VM to read in the file.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

rusheeljain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I came to know that CUCM is installed over redhat and also that after first manual installation of redhat, it automatically generates a kickstart file which is /root/anaconda-ks.cfg which can be used later for similar installations.

Hence, I installed the CUCM manually once. But I was unable to find kickstart file.

So I wanted to know that is it even possible to get access to this kickstart file in  CUCM?

Thanks

Rusheel

The closest Cisco allows you to get would be the Answer File Generator. If you're working with VMware you would need to generate a virtual floppy image for the VM to read in the file.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

thanks for your help

It will definitely save me from unnecessary "googling"

Thanks for this good information. I have looked into this. It seems like the Answer File is a static file, meaning I can generate the file once and load it up as floppy image? how would I use it to work with dynamic variables? for example, I wan to generate a new IP address on the fly (from a resource manager) and pass it on to the answer file? Is something like this doable? thanks