Views
Helpful
Replies

Maximum video sessions currently on Expressway-C as H323 registration

Tien Phuong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am desiging a system with Expressway-C as H323 registration. We have 1000 endpoint Polycom, and want to register to expressway-C. It is possible but in expressway datasheet said: expressway can process 100 video call currently.

My question: this capacity is for firewall traversal calls or for all calls type?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The maximum number of calls in a cluster is 4x the maximum of an individual.  You can cluster up to 6 expressways to give you the additional resiliency in your deployment (ie you can have up to two of them go off-line for any reason without affecting your call capacity).

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The concurrent call capacity will depend on your deployment.  If you deloy a "large" expressway instead of the standard "medium" deployment, the call capacity raises up to 500 video calls from the "standard" 100. 

If you then cluster multiple expressways, this can increase the maximum call capaity up to 4 times, ie with up to 6 expresways in a cluster, you can have resiliency in your deployment and up to 2000 concurrent video calls (see "Clustered Expressway capacity" in the Expressway X8.9 Data Sheet).

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayner,

Is this capacity for all type of call (traversal call, non-traversal...)?
one more thing, i think with only 4 expressways, we can have 2000 concurrent calls. So with 6 expressways, why do we have 2000 concurrent video calls?

The maximum number of calls in a cluster is 4x the maximum of an individual.  You can cluster up to 6 expressways to give you the additional resiliency in your deployment (ie you can have up to two of them go off-line for any reason without affecting your call capacity).

Wayne

Thank you Wayne, it's so clear