cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MCU 5320 in TMS - Booking Conference

awatson20
Level 4
Level 4

I have a new MCU 5320 configured and managed in TMS.  I can create a conference directly on the MCU, add participants, and it will dial out and join the particiapants to the call correctly.  However, if I attempt to book a conference in TMS selecting the participants, and the MCU resoruce, the MCU does not connect the endpoints to the call.  If I look at the call details it says shows the following.  It is like it is waiting for the client to call into the bridge, not the MCU dialing out to the clients?

The participants will connect using this route:

Movi Client ==> Bridge

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi if it is movi clients you are trying to dial you need to set the conference to automatic connect and then add dial out partipants where you type the movi/jabber address manually. You can check the connection setting tab before you save the conference to view how the call will be set up (if the mcu expectd the client to dial in or the mcu will dial out). Movi clients does not have autoanswer like regular endpoints usually have so the mcu cannot guarantee the call will setup.

/magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi if it is movi clients you are trying to dial you need to set the conference to automatic connect and then add dial out partipants where you type the movi/jabber address manually. You can check the connection setting tab before you save the conference to view how the call will be set up (if the mcu expectd the client to dial in or the mcu will dial out). Movi clients does not have autoanswer like regular endpoints usually have so the mcu cannot guarantee the call will setup.

/magnus

I see now.  Thank you very much.  We have some users that actually use the TMS Scheduler for setting up conferences.  I have not tested this yet, but once we make the 5300 codian the default MCU in TMS, and if they use the scsheduler for creating conferences, how will the call routing be setup with movi clients/endpoints?  Will the MCU dial out?

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This depends on how the conference is setup but if you set up a conference as automatic connect the tms will make the mcu dial out automatically to the participants once the schedule meeting begins. The only hitch with the jabber participants is that they will most likely have to be added manually as dial out participants. But with endpoints its just to add the endpoints to the conference. And before saving the conference as i said in my previous post just click the connection settings and you will see who will call who on what number and in what direction and protocol :)

/Magnus