Views
Helpful
Replies

mediasense user per phone

Muhammad Hakim
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Forum,

we have mediasense, and ofcourse added a new user into mediasense.

can i actually have 1 user mediasense to manage just only 1 phone/ext?

in our deployment, we created 6 user for 6 ext. when we put into mediasense, all 6 user share recent calls. how can we have just 1 user mediasense only to manage 1 phone. (or have partition between user view)

please advice.

regards,

5 Replies 5

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If I understand you correctly, you are talking about Search & Play option within MediaSense. A single MediaSense API user should be able to manage, download recordings etc for all the users if that what your Quesion Is. You do not need a separate user to manage their recordings individually within Ms Search & Play.

Regards

Deepak

Hi Deepak,

thanks for your answer.

ya, im talking about search & play in MS. that is exactly what i mean. but i want to separate user to manage their recording, can MS do that?

regards,

Ok so you want the recordings should be limited on per user basis within S&P. Unfortunately that option is not available with MS, it is all or none as of now. However 11.5 should have it, check below:

https://communities.cisco.com/thread/57787

Regards

Deepak

thank you very much,

this is very important feature i think, and hope 11.5 can resolve this.

As per the information on the thread I shared earlier, it should be fixed in 11.5 rest we will need to wait for it to out and then check. Please remember to mark the thread as Answered if there are no further question on the topic.

Regards

Deepak