Helpful
Replies

Moving TMS SQL to external server

rfrome
Level 1
Level 1

Big picture:

TMS 15.5 with SQL on the same Windows Server 2008. Server is in UK

Need to move to new Windows server 2016 servers, with TMS, TMSXE and SQL being on separate VMs in the USA.

Question:

All of the documents I've found seem to be very dated. For example this one describes migrating to SQL 2005 or 2008, but nothing recent.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/migrating-telepresence-management-suite-tms-to-a-new-server-pdf/ta-p/3114685?attachment-id=6727

Can someone point me to a current doc for migrating database to external SQL server and then moving TMS to separate server? Also, one of the docs mentioned ensuring the servers were in the same time zone for the migration? Is that a hard requirement? I  need to move from one datacenter to another.

thanks,

rob

1 Reply 1

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Nothing much has really changed over the years on how to migrate TMS from one server to another, simply need to backup the SQL databases and restore them on the new server, then install TMS pointing it to the new database locations.  The TMS 15.5 Admin Guide has instructions for moving TMS, it's extensions, and their databases to a different server.