cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Must the SpeakerTrack 60 go directly into the codec?

Scott Nieto
Level 1
Level 1

Considering buying an SX80 codec with a SpeakerTrack 60 camera. I was planning on sending the camera directly into an HDMi matrix and then back out to the codec. This will allow me to also send the camera to a media bridge, or any other place. 
It appears to me the camera control would have to connect to the codec, to control the camera via Touch 10, but it's not necessary to route the video directly. Is this correct?

4 Replies 4

Hello Scott,

Yes, you can deploy the cameras that way. Simply you just want to take out the video signal from the cameras going to HDMI matrix switcher and out from the matrix to SX80 HDMI camera inputs and there should be no problem with that. Camera control (Ethernet cable) should be directly connected to the codec or using a network switch if there is a reason you are lacking of Ethernet port on the SX80 codec. Camera control cable will provide control (PTZ) via the touch 10.

regards,

Acevirgil

csco10051403
Level 1
Level 1

Scott,

Where you able to accomplish what you wanted to with the SpeakerTrack 60 via Matrix to the Codec? 

Looking at doing kind of the same thing. One SpeakerTrack 60 system into an Extron AV Switch then out to multiple codecs depending on which one is in use. Control, however, will be via AMX or Crestron control panel. 

Also, remember the SpeakerTrack will need 2 outputs from the Maxtrix switch to the codec. What AV switch are you using? Is the AV switch port HDCP?

Doing this will work fine for the video, however, for the SpeakerTrack to work, the cameras need to be controlled by the codec they are connected to, so the Ethernet connection can only be connected to one codec at a time.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks Wayne! Very helpful.