cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mute Attendees from Telepresence Touch 10

dmcgettigan
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to mute/unmute attendees using Telepresence Touch 10 when using the host pin to start the meeting?

4 Replies 4

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It will depend on what the equipment that is holding your conference is, how it is configured, and if it supports DTMF tones during the conference for conference control, but, yes, you can bring up a keypad on the Touch10 during a call to allow entering such codes.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne, thanks for responding!

I am new to this whole teleconference thing and our IT department can't be bothered with educating us on how to use these new toys...

Is there an easy way for me to find out the answer those questions or do I need to get with my IT dept? 

Hi ,

To answer your query, you should provide few more details about your set up ( What device you are using?, what is the infrastructure in use [Cisco telepresence, MCU, CMS] ) because it works differently in different setup and devices,
To answer your query in high level, I can confirm that if you are using a Webex conference then the host can mute other participants, and in case of Telepresence, in some TelePresence systems, the host can mute other participants.
Otherwise, only the administrator can mute TelePresence participants through TelePresence Server application.

If you are unsure about the setup, it is advisable to go to your IT team.

Regards,
Shalid
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

If your IT department runs the TelePresence environment, then, yes, you should be speaking with them about what features that have enabled/disabled in your particular installation, as an end user with no idea about the call control platforms or multipoint functionality infrastructure that will be in place, there won't be much you will be able to do as any changes will need to be performed on the infrastucture that you likely have no access to and is controlled by your IT department.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.