cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MX 800 has no video in WebEx meeting

Jamie Marsh
Level 1
Level 1

I have an issue with an MX800 joining a WebEx meeting. The MX 800 has audio but no video. The other participants are using PC's and can see their video and the video from the MX800 but the people using the MX800 cannot see any video. Any ideas would be helpful.

6 Replies 6

Jonathan Unger
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Jamie,

A few questions for you:

1. Is the MX800 registered to CUCM or VCS?

2. Are you calling into a CMR Cloud based WebEx?

3. If you are calling into a CMR Cloud based WebEx, are you going through an Expressway pair (Control and Edge)?

4. Are the PC participants calling into the WebEx via URI or simply clicking the start my video button on the WebEx client?

Hi Jonathan,

The MX 800 is dialing directly into a WebEx meeting - no Expressway pair.

The PC's are joining through the WebEx invite link.

I think this is a bandwidth issue (since some meetings work fine) but I don't understand why the PC's can see the video while the MX800 gets only audio with the silhouette for each attendee.

Any help or troubleshooting tips are greatly appreciated.

If you have no Expressway pair,
1. which protocol are you using for connecting to WebEx (H323 or SIP)?  If it's set to Auto, try them both individually and see if you get different results.
2. what ports are open on your firewall to & from the MX800?

It's very likely a problem with blocked ports, deep packet inspection that needs to be disabled, or NAT needs to be configured on the endpoint and the firewall.

The MX800 is connecting using h323. I have opened up all ports and put the MX 800 in a DMZ so I don't think it's the ASA. The problem is some conferences work fine but with others there is no video on the MX800 but there is video between the PC's in the WebEx conference. That's why I think it's a bandwidth issue but I don't know how to troubleshoot when there's a conference and the video is dropping on the MX800. Any ideas?

Jamie - is the webex meeting CMR enabled? Are you dialing a phone number or a URI to call into it? If it's just a number that's an audio call. If it's a CMR capable webex meeting you would need to dial the URI to call into it. 

Standard Webex without CMR does not support video endpoints, only video through Webex clients. 

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/solutions/cmrcloud/CMRCloudEnterpriseDeployment.pdf

Patrick,

The MX800 is calling into the WebEx via [meetingnumber]@[domain].webex.com. The MX800 is attached to a meeting now and working fine. The problem is on some meetings there's no video. I understand WebEx will degrade the call including dropping the video when the bandwidth is constrained. The problem I have is that the video drops from the MX800 while the video continues for the PC clients in the meeting. I don't know how to confirm that the bandwidth is really constrained. Is there a way to tell from the MX800 or from the WebEx Meeting Center why the video has stopped?

Thanks,

Jamie