Helpful
Replies

MX 800

Mohamed.Tawfeeq
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody

We're going to purchase MX800 , I see that there're only 8 microphones

We have 20 seats , each seat has it's microphone already , Do we have to stick with Cisco Mircophone 60 which comes with the package ?

- How to extend more 12 microphones ? Will it affect the speaker tracking feature ?

- We are also going to use 4 ceiling speakers , how to connect it to MX800 ?

Thank you so much for your expert answers in advance.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The MX800 is an end of sale product, so I wouldn't recommend purchasing one.  Instead you should look in to the Room Series endpoints.

WIth any system, you can expand the number of microphones and speakers with external audio processing.  In most cases, this does not affect the speaker tracking by the cameras as they will still use their internal microphones for that.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

As has been suggested - you should not purchase an MX800 at this point. To add to what the others have said, it has been end of sale since June, and will be end of support in just over 4 years. Read here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/collaboration-endpoints/telepresence-mx-series/eos-eol-notice-c51-741439.html

I'm not even sure where you'd get one unless it was used/refurbished. 

That said - the Dual 70 G2 will have the same issue, that unit also has 8 microphone ports on it. If you want to keep the 20 mic setup you have now that is not a problem, you just need an external DSP to connect the mics to, and that device will provide a single input to your codec. biAmp is a popular brand from what I've seen. You don't need one mic per person - the Cisco mics can easily cover a big table with 12-20 people. I'd generally go with ceiling mics rather than tabletop on such a big setup, but that's up to you. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The MX800 is an end of sale product, so I wouldn't recommend purchasing one.  Instead you should look in to the Room Series endpoints.

WIth any system, you can expand the number of microphones and speakers with external audio processing.  In most cases, this does not affect the speaker tracking by the cameras as they will still use their internal microphones for that.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Anurag Srivastava1
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

As @Wayne DeNardi mentioned MX 800 is End of sale now you can use WebEx room 70 G2 (dual screen )

which will be a better option. Also you can visit Project workplace site for more ideas-

https://projectworkplace.cisco.com/en-us/workspaces/conference/2

Thanks

Please rate if it is helpful and mark as accepted solution if applicable....

Thanks
Please rate if it is helpful and mark as accepted solution if applicable....

As has been suggested - you should not purchase an MX800 at this point. To add to what the others have said, it has been end of sale since June, and will be end of support in just over 4 years. Read here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/collaboration-endpoints/telepresence-mx-series/eos-eol-notice-c51-741439.html

I'm not even sure where you'd get one unless it was used/refurbished. 

That said - the Dual 70 G2 will have the same issue, that unit also has 8 microphone ports on it. If you want to keep the 20 mic setup you have now that is not a problem, you just need an external DSP to connect the mics to, and that device will provide a single input to your codec. biAmp is a popular brand from what I've seen. You don't need one mic per person - the Cisco mics can easily cover a big table with 12-20 people. I'd generally go with ceiling mics rather than tabletop on such a big setup, but that's up to you.