cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MX800 Oil Prospecting - Offshore Seismic Acquisition and Interpretation

csrlima
Level 3
Level 3

Hi everyone, does anyone have experience sharing offshore Acquisition and Seismic Interpretation content, which runs on 3d similar autocad software?
My problem is that when i share these contents, in rendering, the image shakes a lot and if i do the same share in a videoconference, the content locally shakes but in the remote you see the presentation correctly. Also is important to say that  what shakes is not the complete presentation but only the 3D image with rendering.

I already changed presentantion pc resolution and mx800 presentation input resolution but without sucess.

Can someone help?

2 Replies 2

I don't have any specific experience with what you are trying to achieve, however you may have some luck using the "Source Composition" feature from CE9.2 onwards, which you can use to send the presentation in the main video channel, potentially giving you a higher frame rate: https://community.cisco.com/t5/telepresence-and-video/mx800-oil-prospecting-offshore-seismic-acquisition-and/m-p/3741008

The documentation recommends using Macros, however you can just use the CLI to set it up, at least as a test. Assuming you plug your presentation source into HDMI Connector 3, you could test it like this:

xCommand Video Input SetMainVideoSource ConnectorId: 3

And to change it back:

xCommand Video Input SetMainVideoSource ConnectorId: 1

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sounds very much like a frame rate issue.   The content stream when presenting will be at a lower frame rate (ie 15fps) than the main video source (up to 60fps), unless you perform some trickery as suggested by @Nick Halbert-Lillyman and combine the content stream in to the main video window.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.