cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Not able to connect to the web interface for a C20

justinmcbee
Level 1
Level 1

I have a C20 running 6.0.1 and cannot access the web interface. I have checked all of the IP settings using the remote and have come up with nothing out of the ordinary. I am able to ping the C20 and get the cisco logo in the internet explorer tab, but can't connect. Has anyone experianced this before?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nikita Shrivastava
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Justin,

In case you can do telnet/ssh to the codec and just the web interface is not coming up,kindly check the HTTP and HTTPS modes and turn them on as per requirement :-

xConfiguration NetworkServices HTTP Mode: On

xConfiguration NetworkServices HTTPS Mode: On

Also, is it registered on any CUCM?

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I don't have a C20, but have seen similar issues with some other codecs, when using either a really old, or a really new version of IE.

If using an old version, upgrade to a more recent version, and if using the more recent versions, try turning compatibility mode on for that web page.

Alternately, a different browser (Firefox usually works well from my experience) may help.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks Wayne. I tried using compatibility mode and fierfox without any luck. i also took the network out of the picture and used a crossover cable directly between my laptop and the C20.

I assume you've tried the obvious - turning it off and then on again...

Are you able to get to the device via telnet or ssh?

If you can get to it via ssh, you can try to do a software upgrade/reinstall via WinSCP (see this document if you're unsure how) which may help.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Nikita Shrivastava
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Justin,

In case you can do telnet/ssh to the codec and just the web interface is not coming up,kindly check the HTTP and HTTPS modes and turn them on as per requirement :-

xConfiguration NetworkServices HTTP Mode: On

xConfiguration NetworkServices HTTPS Mode: On

Also, is it registered on any CUCM?

That was it. Turned on HTTP and HTTPS. Thank you.