cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Not able to share Cable Box as a Content with CISCO Spark CODEC Plus

darjunan11
Level 1
Level 1

Not able to share Cable Box as a Content with CISCO Spark CODEC Pro. I'm trying to connect Xfinity Cable box to CISCO Spark CODEC Plus. It was working before, Stopped working when upgrading the firmware to CE9.4, tried upgrading CE9.12 and CE9.15 still having the issue. Cable box video not coming in Preview as well not able to share over the Video calls. Sound works only video not working. Is there any suggestion to fix the issue or it's knows bug with firmware. 

2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Most cable boxes will output content with HDCP enabled.   The codec will (correctly) stop this from being transmitted.  For some codecs (I'm not sure which one you are using as you mentioned both a "Pro" and a "Plus"), HDCP is only supported on some of the inputs for display locally.   Check in the codec configuration that you have HDCP enabled on the input you are using - noting that this will only allow the content to display locally - it will not allow it to be transmitted in a call.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thank you @Wayne DeNardi for your response, sorry I’m using CODEC Plus and I’ve connected Cable box with input two, Tried enabling HDCP with input two still the same. Also, If HDCP is issue will it block both Audio and Video or only Video, we’re getting Audio transmitted.

Appreciate your time to help me on this.