Views
Helpful
Replies

outbound calls in one E1 and inbound calls in another E1

siriscisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

I have two E1 lines with me. I wanted to pass all my inbound calls through one E1 and pass all my outbound calls through another E1 line.

Would anybody please help me with the configuration?

Thanks in advance,

Vilas

2 Replies 2

ogoegel
Level 1
Level 1

concerning the fact to send outbound calls through the same E1 seems quite simple with a Call Manager.

you only have to create the GW and/or a route list and then associte all the route pattern to this GW or route list.

concerning inbound calls, it is less simple.

you said you have 2 E1. did you order them with IN and OUT Channels or only IN for 1 E1 and OUT for the others?

Do these 2 E1 are considered as 1 for your provider ?

Olivier

Thankyou very much for the prompt reply. I am not using call manager but using a software called rockwell.

Yes I have 2E1 and both the E1 are with both IN and OUT channels. These 2E1 are not considered as 1 by my provider but they are considered as differnet E1.

The reason I wanted to seperate these Inbound and Outbound calls is because when I use one E1 for both inbound and outbound, my call quality is not good. I usually have to shut down the inbound for the outbound to be of good quality. So I thought seperating the outbound and inbound would solve the problem of call quality.

Please advise.

Thanks again,

Siris