cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Personal Multiparty Conference Licenses on Telepresence Rooms

h_s_ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

We are planning for a Conferencing solution with 6 conference rooms. The conference rooms have SX80 or SX20 units. 50+ users should be able to join using 8800 IP Video phones as needed. The customer already has a BE6K UC infrastructure with CUWL licenses for users. We proposed vTS server using 4 screen licenses and licenses for SX20 and SX80 units to register CUCM. Now we have a suggestion to go with 25 x Personal Multiparty Conference Advance instead of vTS screen licenses. My question is, will PMP-A licenses work with SX20/SX80 and can any of the 50+ users and 6 conference rooms use the PMP-A licenses as long as the total screen licenses are not exceeded?

3 Replies 3

aman.kapuria
Level 4
Level 4

I believe you need screen licenses ordered a la carte for conference rooms. PMP-A is for named hosts only. nothing is stopping us from associating a named host to a room but i've heard that this will not be supported. there are changes coming to enforce this. I'd love to hear what others have to say in regards to this.

This is what I think should be the case as well. Any official word on it would be great especially since the price difference is huge (13 Telepresence Screen Licenses GPL $117,000 vs 13 Telepresence Screen Licenses included with 25 x Personal Multiparty Conference GPL $15,625)

mjcavanaugh
Level 1
Level 1

I have a major issue with this. We are saying to our customers:

"we want you to have the best meeting experience possible, we encourage you to hold face to face meetings over video, we want you to be able to connect to anyone in the world, we want you to connect from anywhere... well.. except from a room that is dedicated for video. That we don't want you do. Unless you are willing to pay 5 times the rate" 

If we are trying to make video seamless and encourage more adoption, this is the wrong way to do it. If a customer is using video, or just looking at using video, there is a very high probability that they will have dedicated rooms using an MX or SX endpoint. Lets not punish them for this.

My $.02