Views
Helpful
Replies

Polycom RealPresence Group 500 integration with CUCM 10.5

Davion Stewart
Level 1
Level 1

Afternoon guys,

I'm trying to integrate the Polycom system with my CUCM. The Polycom version is 4.1.3-111080.

I have created the security profile, added a system user, created a SIP profile, added the polycom device, configured the line and did the SIP configurations on the Polycom.

Are the versions compatible or am i missing any important parts of the configuration.

See below for guide used:

http://supportdocs.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/global/documents/support/strategic_partner_solutions/Cisco_Solution_Deployment_Guide_us.pdf 

18 Replies 18

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

But the state, what does the system or CUCM say when you try to register,

how did you configure the endpoint?

did you try it with sip/tcp/5060 instead of tls/5061, just to see if you succeed?

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi

Did anyone had luck with this setup? I'm also trying to integrated but getting " registration rejected ".

Regards

Pradeep

Hi,

I ended up setting a H323 Gateway to get it registered.

can you please guide me with the steps how to register to CUCM 10.5. Will this enable both video and voice from polycom systems?

Hi,

Sorry that i took so long to reply. Something was up with my notifications.

You do the configuration as you would for any other H323 gateway. 

See links: http://www.wikihow.com/Add-H323-Trunk-Gateway-to-Cisco-Cucm

http://faculty.valenciacollege.edu/wyousif/voip/resources/h.323.pdf 

The second link is a bit old but still shows the fundamentals to creating it.

I will see if i can get a more detailed explaination

Finally i'm able to get the polycom integrated with Call manager via SIP. Both Video and audio calls are working.

Polycom to Jabber and viceversa is also working good.

I recently upgraded the firmware on polycom and it started working. I think issue is with polycom firmware.

Regards

Pradeep

Hello Pradeep,

I understand you managed to register a POLYCOM Real Presence Group 500 on a CUCM via SIP and you could established video calls from RPG500 to Cisco Jabber for Windows.

Can you confirm me ?

If I'm correct, can you tell me if you can share content between this 2 devices (POLYCOM RPG500 and Cisco Jabber for Windows) ?

We're facing a problem regarding this particular feature and architecture : sharing content button on Cisco Jabber is grayed out ; we cannot neither share content from RPG500 to Jabber.

Thank you for your reply,

Jean-Marie

Share content is still an issue for me, I'm also looking for some solution. But so far video calls are good between RPG500, Jabber, Cisco DX650 phone. Works perfect with mutliparty as well.

Regards

Pradeep

Hi Pradeep,

I am having the same problem here, I was able to register the Polycom 500 successfully but when you tried to call the Polycom extension you get fast busy tone.

Please could you guide me on your setup please.

My RealPresence Group 500 version is Release - 4.1.5-180072

Thanks

Hi ooluwafemi

Sorry for late reply, i was away from forums. Try upgrading the RP 500 to latest version, it should work.

Or else let me know the issue you are seeing. 

Regards

Pradeep

Hi Pradeep/All,

What's the procedure you have been used to register Polycom GS500 and which version of GS.

Below steps I was used but no success with CUCM 10.5.2

1. Both CUCM and GS 500 carry the certificate from the same CA (Third Party-Microsoft)

2.Created TLS phone security profile under Generic Single Room System.

3. Created SIP profile of GSRS with FQDN option enabled and enable BFCP with dissable, rest are default.

4. Add the end user

5. Add the device phone with DN and assosiate end user in digest user.

6. enable the TLS on GS with username : x@FQDN name of CUCM.

any more setting needs to be done to register the GS with CUCM using SIP TLS.

Hi Pradeep/All,

What's the procedure you have been used to register Polycom GS500 and which version of GS.

Below steps I was used but no success with CUCM 10.5.2

1. Both CUCM and GS 500 carry the certificate from the same CA (Third Party-Microsoft)

2.Created TLS phone security profile under Generic Single Room System.

3. Created SIP profile of GSRS with FQDN option enabled and enable BFCP with dissable, rest are default.

4. Add the end user

5. Add the device phone with DN and assosiate end user in digest user.

6. enable the TLS on GS with username : x@FQDN name of CUCM.

any more setting needs to be done to register the GS with CUCM using SIP TLS.

Peter Valdes
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Has any have any guide on how to register Polycom RPG 500 to CUCM 10.5?

My device is running Release - 6.1.1-370109. I'm using the polycom phone device 3rd party SIP advance for voice and video feature.

The phone is registered and I can make and receive audio calls. Calling from Jabber to Polycom video works perfect. Calling from Polycom to Jabber, the call hangs up when I answer on Jabber Client (windows)

Thanks

Peter

Hi Peter, 

Are you able to share the SIP configuration of your polycom and/or any other "gotcha" settings.  My RPG500 just does not want to register with the CUCM (it keeps saying 399 Sip trunk disallows register).  

Regards,

Paul