Views
Helpful
Replies

Polycomm 6000HDX VCS-C VCS-e

johnroche_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a polycomm 6000 HDX registered to my VCS control, but SIP and H323.

I can make video calls from the 6000 to endpoints registered to the VCS control and can recieve calls from endpoints registered to the VCS control fine.

If I place a call from the 6000 to devices registered externally (eg Jabber/ clearsea) or to a device registered to the VCS expressway (outside my firewall) such as Jabber/Movi the call only proceeds as audio only.

Other devices registered to the Control can make and take calls via the expressway fine.

Both my VCS controland expressway are running 7.2.

Is there something specific I need to do on the VCS to allow Polycom endpoints, or someting specific I need to do on the polycom endpoint to allow calls via the expressway?

5 Replies 5

Alok Jaiswal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi John,

i think you should open a TAC case as it will involve log analysis and ensure timely resolution.

Thanks

Alok

Maulik Shah
Level 5
Level 5

Did you ever get a resolution on this? We are seeimg something similar when doign interworking on the VCS as below:

HDX -- H323 -- VCS -- SIP --- SIP Proxy

Calls connect but they are audio only because the Polycom thinks there are no video capabilities advertised to it from the VCS.

Yes I got the issue resolved.

I upgraded the code on the polycom to the latest.

I got the firmware from the polycom site, no charge just created an account and entered the serial number of the device.

John

Thanks for the reply John - we have 3.0.5 on the HDX which is the latest SW. Looks we may have found a "corner case" on the VCS doign SIP to H.323 interworking to Polycom HDXs

NOTE: We are on X6.1 and cannot try X7.1 right away (licenses on order) so maybe this is already fixed

Basically the call flow is:

Polycom HDX --> H.323 --> VCS ---> SIP (Delayed Offer) ---> SIP Proxy

The issue is VCS does not know how to handle proprietary video codecs when doing interworking from SIP to H323.

The SIP proxy sends the below in the offer

m=video 5390 RTP/AVP 121 104 34

b=TIAS:1536000

a=rtcp:5391

a=rtpmap:121 x-rtvc1/90000

a=rtpmap:104 H264/90000

a=rtpmap:34 H263/90000

which is MSFT RT-VIDEO (Lync proprietary), H.264 and H.263. The VCS tries to encode all of these in the TCS towards the Polycom but while it adds the capabilityDescriptor # for the RTVideo codec, the CapabilityTableEntry for that # is never sent

snip below:

{

capabilityTableEntryNumber 5,

capability receiveAudioCapability : g711Alaw64k : 40

},

{

capabilityTableEntryNumber 8,

capability receiveVideoCapability : genericVideoCapability :

{

capabilityIdentifier standard : { 0 0 8 241 0 0 1 },

.................. (H264 PROFILE INFO)

},

{

capabilityTableEntryNumber 9,

capability receiveVideoCapability : h263VideoCapability :

capabilityDescriptorNumber 0,

simultaneousCapabilities

{

{

},

{

}

Note the entry for 7 is NOT in the TCS, complete TCS at

http://pastebin.com/heKsHdwN

This causes the Polycom to stop sending video as it cannot see #7 - maybe a "bug" on the Polycom as well as an EX60 behind the same VCS works fine. Thought would pass along

Maulik,

From your description it sounds like the SIP device is a Lync client and you are running into CSCuc75149

Thanks,
Guy

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: