Views
Helpful
Replies

Possible Bug - Webex Board Pro and MS Surface Laptop

Bob Fitzgerald
Level 4
Level 4

Hello all!

Our customer has encountered something unexpected.  It seems that when a MS Surface Laptop set to its native resolution of 2256x1504 tries to share via Proximity or Webex App to a Webex Board Pro (in this instance a Board Pro 75) the Board Pro will crash and reboot.  When the Surface Laptop is set to a more "normal" 16x9 ratio like 1920x1080 this issue does not happen.

We were able to reproduce the issue many times.  Here are some of the variables.

Surface Laptop 4 - on both Windows 10 and windows 11

Tried with Webex App versions  42.7.3.11, 42.7.1, 42.7.4.8.  Also tried with the latest version of Proximity, same result.

Happens on any of these Webex Board versions: 10.15.2.14, 10.15.2.2, 10.11.5.2, 10.15.3.0.  The Webex Board is on-prem registered to CUCM 12.5.1.

So it seems like a bug, but it also seems like the Surface Pro is not sending a compatible resolution when sharing.  Bug?  Working as designed?  Have not had an opportunity to test funky resolutions with other sources, but then again I don't know of any other devices where you can choose something like 2256x1504.  Would like to hear what Cisco has to say.

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Hi,

if you "would like to hear, what Cisco has to say", then you need to open a TAC.
The forum is not the right place to ask questions to Cisco (only if someone from Cisco reads the post by chance and reacts to it).

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As @b.winter said - your best option to get a fix for this from Cisco would be to log a job with the TAC.  This will engage the proper fault finding process and, if required, feed back in to the right Cisco business unit and Development Engineers to get it fixed.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Bob Fitzgerald
Level 4
Level 4

Thank you both for the replies.  I agree, the best option would be to open a TAC case.  Unfortunately the system is currently only under its Warranty and its support contract will not go active until the beginning of October.  TAC has historically been reluctant to address software issues without an active contract.  When I called in to TAC to try to open a case the intake agent politely declined.  Instead, she did offer the advice of creating a forum post.  And so here we are.  It may be that I'll have to wait until the contract goes active.

Yeah, sometimes it's a bit of a hassle opening TAC cases.
But if you ask something like that in the forum, you have to be lucky to find someone else in the forum, that had the same problem and then be lucky again, if that person has a solution or a possible bug-ID for you to work with. It's more like a gamble, compared to opening a case and let Cisco investigate in it.