Views
Helpful
Replies

Presentation PiP displayed with TC console setup

jamesstaveley
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are trying to get a C60 (on software TC7.3.3) working with a specific video layout together with TC console (Version 7.2). The desired setup is to have the system working with two separate presentation inputs, with two screens for output. So we have input 1 for the camera, inputs 2 and 3 (dvi/hdmi) for PC presentation input. Where the desired effect when not in call is to have screen 1 showing input 2 and screen 2 showing input 3. They also want this to be so when in call, selfview is not important for the client in this, switching the far end presentation is done by selecting the one they want to share. This all works except that we are getting a PiP showing the current presentation source on one of the screens, thus duplicating it in a small square on one of the screens, even though this is not requested. we have tried various software levels and cannot get rid of the PiP. You can move this PiP via Presentation DefaultValue Position,  however we cannot disable it completely as far as we know, selfview is switched off.

We have enclosed a file outlining the setup in TC console we are using, as well as a photo showing this issue. We have also raised a TAC case (SR 635803091) but have not found a solution so far.

Any feedback or input will be welcomed in this.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Wayne,

Thanks for your help in this, however this has been resolved by the great work of Adriana of Cisco TAC. The issue was replicated in our and Cisco's lab using TC Console version 7.2. Since TC console 7.3 has been released we have created the layout profile in the new TC Console version 7.3 and this works fine. 2 presentation sources can be shared without the unwanted PiP being displayed.

Thanks again for your suggestions and help.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Firstly, make sure you're using the right version of the TC Console software - Version 2 you mentioned is very old, you'll need to be using TC Console TC7.2.0.

The next question is: when you went to Configure, Setup Monitors (as per attached screenshot) - how did you configure the dual monitors?

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hello Wayne, sorry, I see there was a typo there, we are using version 7.2 of TC console. I can also confirm that the monitor setup in TC console is set up to Dual. We also swapped the cable and input setup but that just moved the unwanted PiP. In the codec setup we have also set the screens to dual, (also tried auto) and layout families set to auto.

Thanks for your reply.

Are you able to share a copy of the xconfig of the endpoint so we can check all the video and presentation settings and perhaps try to replicate your setup ourselves?

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks Wayne, I have included the config file and two of the TC xml console profile files which we have used which came close to the desired effect except with the unwanted PiP. As I cannot upload xml files up to here, if you want these can be downloaded from the WeTransfer link below.

Files (648 KB total)
TC.config.v.1.xml
TC.Config.v.2.xml

Will be deleted on
9 September, 2015

Download link
http://we.tl/j5jrUhOru8

Issue is resolved in TC Console version 7.3 which has just recently been released.

Hello Wayne,

Thanks for your help in this, however this has been resolved by the great work of Adriana of Cisco TAC. The issue was replicated in our and Cisco's lab using TC Console version 7.2. Since TC console 7.3 has been released we have created the layout profile in the new TC Console version 7.3 and this works fine. 2 presentation sources can be shared without the unwanted PiP being displayed.

Thanks again for your suggestions and help.

Great that you have found a solution and let us know what it was so others can see it if they have similar issues in the future.

Wayne
--

Wayne

I have been working with TC Console for sometime now but this is my first 3 output 3 role SX80 system and i an getting some weird stuff.

I am going to upload some photos that should explain the problem.

Frame labels where there should be nothing and on outputs that only have one frame defined very weird.

If anyone knows a TC Console or TC7.3 SX80 API guru on layouts please send me there contact info.

Thanks

Tim