Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with Audio-IN on a MX300

matthiasflunker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

my customer has the following problem with a MX300: When he shared a presentation with audio or an videostream during a conference, the tone on the opposite side is very quiet or not play at all. I have no idea what it could be. The audio-in has been tested with several devices. Normal room sound is played back without problems.

Regards

Matthias

3 Replies 3

Teck Chye Tang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi,

When you play back the PC audio locally in the MX300, do you hear audio out from the MX300 speaker itself?

Hi everybody,

excuse my late reaction. Now I get new informations from my customer. The problem is not at the called side, the problem is only at the local side.

Sometimes he use the MX300 for local presentations, it works fine. When he will play an audiostream the stream was played about the internal notebook speakers. Only when he pluged in the audio cable he can not hear anything.

Regards

Matthias

Hi Matthias,

If i understand you correctly, When your client hook the presentation cable to laptop

and share presentation/ play music they get sound from Laptops speakers and not the Mx300 speakers. Correct ?

Correct me if i am wrong ( or else we would take this in a Diffrent Direction)

1. when presentation cable's audio wire  is hooked up to audio In Port ,(in normal scenario, Audio stream travels thorugh) No output would come out from Laptops speakers. If they are getting sound out from Laptop speakers:

1. Try changing the presentation cable/Audio cable.  ( if its seperate)

2. Try to hook a diffrent Laptop. Could be that Audio Out Port of laptop is bad.

Last step: just to make sure that Audio stream goes out from right output and to confirm that Mx 300

is not mis configured. Just run a factory Default on the unit.

As youve mentioned that during the call you do get sound from speakers. that proves that my speakers are good.

could be cable/laptop/audio In port on codec it self.

//Vikram