Views
Helpful
Replies

Push password from TMS to endpoints through API

Sridhar Bheeman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, 

I am looking for an XML command or configuration code to push passwords to endpoints. 

Please advice. 

9 Replies 9

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can use configuration templates in TMS to update the admin password on the endpoint, this will also update the password TMS uses to manage the endpoint as well. 

Setting: Password

System Type: Other type

It's been asked a few times in the forums, for example: tms-132-set-https-admin-password-through-configuration-template-c-series-codec and tms-configuration-template-ce-830-custom-configuration-changing-passphrase

Hi Patrick, 

Thank you so much for these commands,

The below command only works on CE versions, could you please advise the command for TC versions

<Command>
<UserManagement>
<User>
<Passphrase>
<Set>
<Username></Username>
<NewPassphrase></NewPassphrase>
<YourPassphrase></YourPassphrase>
</Set>
</Passphrase>
</User>
</UserManagement>
</Command>

The following command only changes the Admin password on the endpoint, on the TC version

<Command>
<SystemUnit>
<AdminPassword>
<Set>
<Password>****</Password>
</Set>
</AdminPassword>
</SystemUnit>
</Command>

I want to change the password of profile with user name (ex:macbeth)

which has user and admin privileges

You can update the admin account, but there is no API option to update regular user accounts on endpoints that run TC software, only for CE software.  You'll need to login to the web interface and update the user accounts.

Thank you Patrick 

is there an XML command to add or delete users in CE version?

User accounts must be managed from the endpoint's web interface, there are no API commands to create/edit/delete users. The only command available is to change a user's password. 

clagraha
Level 1
Level 1

Setting the passwords on multiple devices would be very using Powershell & Posh SSH. It would need a CSV input of IPs & current passwords and would just use a for-each loop to change the passwords on each device

Thank you for the reply, could please let me know the instructions and commands used to push the password