cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS and CAC Question for Cisco CMS / Acano

David Anstee
Level 4
Level 4

I have a few questions that I am hoping someone can clarify for me in respect to Cisco CMS/Acano QoS and CAC Configuration

1. QoS Configuration clarification

I know that within Cisco CMS you can configure DSCP values based on type of traffic as defined in the Cisco CMS MMP command line documentation as follows:

• signaling (SIP, AS-SIP signaling) 
  • assured-voice (any audio for AS-SIP) 
  • voice (any other audio) 
  • assured-multimedia (video for AS-SIP) 
  • multimedia (any other video) 
  • multimedia-streaming (webbridge media) 
  • low-latency (XMPP) 
  • oa&m (webadmin, LDAP, SSH, SFTP)

My question here is, does 'Skype for Business/Lync' traffic fall under the 'multimedia (any other video)' category?

2. Can Skype Audio and Skype Video be classified separately?

Or as I suspect, are they both grouped under 'multimedia'?

3. Call Admission Control/Bandwidth Restrictions

Within the Cisco CMS, are there any configuration recommendations for controlling Skype bandwidth? What are the recommended best practices for this? Is CAC normally expected to be completed from within the SfB configuration, and if so, what are the recommendations from a Cisco perspective?

4. Port Usage

Apparently, CoS from Skype to Acano is default (instead of AF11), as the destination media ports used within Acano/CMS are not what are defined for Skype video and therefore do not match the GPO rule. Is this true? Does Acano/CMS use standard SfB ports? Can these be changed?

I appreciate all helpful responses and recommendations

Thanks

David

4 Replies 4

David Anstee
Level 4
Level 4

Can anyone help?

David Anstee
Level 4
Level 4

Anyone at all? :)

Yusuke Yoshinaga
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi David,

For your question 1, "voice" setting is used for the audio packets from CMS in Skype for Business/Lync call.

"multimedia" setting is used for the video packets from CMS in Skype for Business/Lync call.

For your question 2, the answer is same as above. We can configure dscp value separately for audio and video.

Sorry, I don't have idea for the question 3.

CMS Deployment Guide Appendix B from the page 106 states the CMS port usage. Info for Skype for Business/Lync is also listed.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/conferencing/ciscoMeetingServer/Deployment_Guide/Version-2-2/Cisco-Meeting-Server-2-2-Single-Combined-Server-Deployment.pdf

Thanks,

Yusuke

Are there defaults to these values, if I run a dscp and hit enter without doing anything it says not configured. This doesn't seem on the level, I would image the defaults would be set up.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: