cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"Sound Alerts" not working in TMS14.1.1?

Bob Fitzgerald
Level 4
Level 4

Hello!

A customer called us because a feature they used in TMS13.2 is not working in TMS14.1.1.  I have looked at it on our TMS servers and have been able to replicate the issue;

- In TMS, navigate to CCC.

- In the lower left-hand corner is a button titled "Sound Alerts"

- Click on it to open a pop-up window.

- Click on any of the "Test" buttons.  In TMS13.2 you will hear a sound of some sort.  In TMS14.1.1 you will not. 

- Enabling a sound alert (for instance, when a participant disconnects from a conference), and then reproducing the trigger event will produce a sound in TMS13.2 but not TMS14.1.1.

I have checked the directory where the sound files reside and found that they do exist in both versions of software.

C:\Program Files\TANDBERG\TMS\wwwTMS\styles\default\sounds

I have looked through the logs but couldn't find any errors that might be causing this.  I also didn't find anything about this in the Bug Toolkit.  Is this working in TMS14.1.1 for anyone else?

Thanks!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Clearly looks like a bug. I'll get a bug report filed for you.

EDIT: CSCue94376

-Kjetil

View solution in original post

We have found the root cause if the issue now, and you can actually correct it yourself if you don't want to wait for TMS 14.3 (where it has been fixed).

To correct it, update the web.config file to allow IIS to open .au files: Within the

<fileExtensions> element, just add to the list of allowed extensions.

You might have to restart IIS after you have updated your web.config file.

Regards,

Kjetil

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Clearly looks like a bug. I'll get a bug report filed for you.

EDIT: CSCue94376

-Kjetil

Thanks Kjetil!

We have found the root cause if the issue now, and you can actually correct it yourself if you don't want to wait for TMS 14.3 (where it has been fixed).

To correct it, update the web.config file to allow IIS to open .au files: Within the

<fileExtensions> element, just add to the list of allowed extensions.

You might have to restart IIS after you have updated your web.config file.

Regards,

Kjetil

Awesome, thanks again Kjetil!