Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote connection to Telepresence Edge 95

jasonhopp
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to find the software needed to remote connect to the Edge 95, through the network, in order to display from the PC without a direct connection to it.

I am also looking for something similar for the C40 codec as well.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Jason Hopp

4 Replies 4

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

You could use VNC for the Edge 95, see page 98 of the admin guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/mxp-series/f9/administration_guide/mxp_series_administrator_guide_f90_excl-full-menu-structure.pdf

C40 do not have that option as far as I know.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

As Jens has linked you to above, you can use VNC on your Edge 95s.

For the C40, you'll need a third party solution.  You could look in to Intel WiDi / WiDi Pro if you have compatible hardware to allow you to wirelessly display your pc/laptop to your codec.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate any responses and mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Ok, so what we are saying, is that Cisco has no way of displaying content through the network to their telepresence codecs.  Correct?  Just seems weird to me, since polycom has had that for years, and even the inexpensive projectors have that.

Jason

Dont really get your interpretation of the answers. You manly asked about the sharing of the edge system

which can be used, no special client needed, just a vnc service on the computer.

The question is how many users requested or better said used this feature.

(either on the MXP endpoints or on polycom).

And back to the additional point the C40, either you transport the video somehow to the

hdmi/dvi port of the endpoint or you use some computer client to connect to the conference.

Cisco Jabber Video works great and you simply mute audio and video if you just want to use it

as the presentation source, used that a couple of times.

You also have Webex which also offers a TelePresence integration.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify