Views
Helpful
Replies

Replacing a C40 with a SX80 on TMS

corneliss
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to know if it will be possible to replace my old Cisco C40 with a Cisco SX80, using TMS's "Replace System Feature'' . I do not care about the configurations that was on the old system, my biggest priority is that the new system will get the old system's TMS ID. If the TMS ID changes I have to reconfigure my IBM Lotus Notes and this is always a painful process. I will be getting the System tomorrow.

Kind Regards

Dirk Stoop

8 Replies 8

vivekksi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can perform this; however need to verify some information I.e. devices are provisioned with cucm or VCS?

What's your tms version?

Thanks,

Vivek

Hi,

My devices are provisioned with VCS and my TMS version is 14.2.2

Cheers

You'll need to upgrade to TMS 14.4 first, as that is the first version where the SX80 is supported in TMS. If you try to add it to a version that is lower, you might have issues and/or not able to manage the endpoint. 

Don't forget TMS needs to be 15.x if the SX80 runs CE8.x

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Hi Patrick,

Please note I have added my endpoint to TMS without any issues. Thanks for the replies.

Kind Regards

Glad to hear you were able to replace the C40 with the SX80.  Did you upgrade your TMS, if so, what version?  I don't suppose you had any issues there?

Don't forget to mark relevant replies are correct if you issue is resolved to help others that might have the same question.

Hi Patrick,

It was not necessary for me to upgrade TMS, currently still on 14.2.2. Thanks for the assistance.

Kind Regards

corneliss
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I was able to add the endpoint to TMS and replace the existing system without any issues. 
Please note I have also not updated my TMS version and is still running on 14.2.2

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: