cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Room kit mini + Cisco 8800 Phones

bob2611
Level 1
Level 1

I have a huddle space which has a 8851 phone on the table. I want to install a room kit mini but cannot have the navigator panel and the phone on the same table due to lack of space. 

Is it possible to setup a virtual phone connecting to our telephony server on the navigator panel utilizing the speaker\microphone in the room kit mini ? This would allow me to remove the phone

I am new to the room kit mini. Any help is appreciated.

6 Replies 6

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The Room Kit Mini should be able to be configured in your Call Control Platform to be able to make/accept calls similar to how a telephone can.  It's perfectly capable to make SIP calls as audio as well as with video when required.  This isn't something that you will necessarily configure on the Room Kit Mini itself, but within your Call Control (ie CUCM).

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

I hope Both your Room Kit mini and desk  phone is  registered to same CUCM . Room  Kit is not only for video call, you can also use it for audio calls. So there is no need to have desk phone separately but  depends on your UC set-up. 

Response Signature

bob2611
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for both replies. I am very grateful. I could not find this feature listed or discussed in the cisco room kit mini documentation. Wayne, thank you for pointing me to the CUCM. I am pretty new to CUCM (we have a local server) and new to Cisco IP telephony, do you know a good resource\link that would help me set that up and link the phone to the navigator ?

Its highly recommended to involve a local Cisco partner Who is good in Collaboration to assist you.

Response Signature

bob2611
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Nithin. I was honestly trying to avoid that. I prefer to learn it myself so I know how it works as oppose to someone doing something and then leaving. If all else fails, I will ask a cisco partner. 

CUCM can be a complex beast.   If you don't know what you're doing, you could bring your whole telecommunications infrastructure to a halt.  So, I'd recommend either 1) spend some $ and get a Cisco Partner to assist, or 2) spend some $ and do some serious CUCM training, or 3) if you are in a hurry - do both 1 & 2.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.