cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Room kit mini with Polycom Resource Manager address book

p.coito
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone managed to integrate the Room Kit mini, or any other Webex Room system, to a Polycom Resource Manager? My client has a Polycom management infrastructure and wants to add the RKM but needs it to get the Phonebook from the Polycom server. From the RKM admin guide, the only options available for address book are that ones:  Off/CUCM/Spark/TMS/VCS. So it looks like there is no way, but I wantes to know if someone did it.

Thanks for your attention. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

According to the Polycom Support web site, you just set it up the same as you would for a TMS phone book.

See https://documents.polycom.com/bundle/rprm-ops-10-4/page/rprm_ops/EndpointTypes_Reference/TOC_Managing_Third_Party.htm 

The Room Series should be no different to the C/SX/EX/etc that are mentioned in how they request a phone book from TMS/RRM.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

In the past, Lifesize and (I think) Polycom made this work by having their manager emulate TMS. So try setting your codec to TMS and using the address of your Polycom manager. 

That said - I'd run this question on a Poly (com) forum, this would be a solution they are providing for their customers asking this question, I doubt Cisco is doing anything from an engineering perspective to make the RK's work with Polycom resource manager, the vast majority of their customers are using CUCM/TMS. 

Good luck!

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

According to the Polycom Support web site, you just set it up the same as you would for a TMS phone book.

See https://documents.polycom.com/bundle/rprm-ops-10-4/page/rprm_ops/EndpointTypes_Reference/TOC_Managing_Third_Party.htm 

The Room Series should be no different to the C/SX/EX/etc that are mentioned in how they request a phone book from TMS/RRM.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks Wayne. I've used that solution and it worked.