cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Room Kit running RoomOS 2020-08-31 - register to Webex

dbooth
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to assist remotely with someone wanting to register a Room Kit to Webex (previously registered to a CUCM on-premise) and we are told the Room Kit is running RoomOS 2020-08-31 (aka RoomOS September Drop 1 2020). If the device is factory reset will it definitely have the register to Webex setup option, when was this introduced? Or is this device going to need a site visit for an upgrade? Thanks. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cloud reg certainly existed at that time, so it should work. The only thing that gives me pause is the root CA change that happened early in 2022; there’s a chance the older software doesn’t trust the new Webex cert. I cannot find a help article that specifies a minimum version of CE/RoomOS though.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cloud reg certainly existed at that time, so it should work. The only thing that gives me pause is the root CA change that happened early in 2022; there’s a chance the older software doesn’t trust the new Webex cert. I cannot find a help article that specifies a minimum version of CE/RoomOS though.

dbooth
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for your reply Jonathan. The device did offer the Webex option after reset and registered without any issue.