cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RTP payload type for video high definition?

e.martins
Level 1
Level 1

Please,

What is the number for RTP payload type for video high definition?

Thanks,

Ednaldo

3 Replies 3

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I believe these payload types are set dynamically.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

I think not, but I'm not sure.
I found this in another post, but says nothing about video HD.

Cisco uses RTP payload types from the values specified as dynamic and unassigned by RFC 3551 for signaling and also for designating RTP packets with certain types of data. This table is useful when you see unknown RTP payload types in a packet capture or in a voice gateway debug. The values shown here are the default ones but you should be aware that IOS commands exist to alter most of these values.

Default Dynamic and Unassigned RTP Payload Types Used by Cisco Voice Products

RTP Payload Value RTP Payload Definition
90 Indicates fax/modem passthrough data with RFC 2198 redundancy
96 Sent by a voice gateway to signal a switchover to Cisco fax relay.
97 Sent by a voice gateway to confirm a successful switchover to Cisco fax relay.
100 Designates an NSE (Named Signaling Event packet). NSE packets can signal a variety of different messages so it is helpful to know the Cisco NSE Events.
101 Designates an NTE (Named Telephony Event) as defined in RFC 2833.
119 Indicates Cisco text relay information.
121 Specifies Cisco RTP DTMF Relay.
122 Indicates Cisco fax relay data.
123 Indicates Cisco CAS information.
125 Specifies that the payload contains Cisco clear-channel codec information.
126 Indicates G.711ulaw data is being carried and also notifies the other gateway that an upspeed to G.711ulaw has occurred. This is the old method (IOS version 12.1T) for switching over to fax passthrough before NSEs.
127 Indicates G.711alaw data is being carried and also notifies the other gateway that an upspeed to G.711alaw has occurred. This is the old method (IOS version 12.1T) for switching over to fax passthrough before NSEs.

Martins,   thanks for that, I spun up wireshark and captured a call containing 720p video, and the RTP type seems to be 126.(SX20-Jabber). Dont ask me why, because it doesnt seem to match up with the RFC3551 table.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.