Views
Helpful
Replies

Running Windows Jabber in BootCamp

Bob Fitzgerald
Level 4
Level 4

Hi!

I can't find any reference to this, so I thought I'd try the helpful folks in the Forum.  Is running the Windows version of Jabber Video for Telepresence in the Mac BootCamp environment a supported configuration?

Our customer has successfully run Jabber/Movi versions 4.3 - 4.0 without any apparent issues, but is now having some camera issues with Jabber 4.4.  Namely, no selfview or video to the far end.

iMac running OS10.x (customer is unsure which one it is, would need to be 10.6 or 10.7 for Windows7)

BootCamp 3.3

Windows7 Enterprise x64

Windows Jabber 4.4 Video for Telepresence

integrated camera

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marius Nedregaard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bob.

I just tested this configuration, and I can confirm that it is working with no issues.

My setup:

MacBook Air mid `11

Build in Facetime camera

Windows 7 Professional

Cisco Jabber Video for Telepresence 4.4.3.14479

Boot Camp 4.0.1

When you do a new install, you are choosing what camera to use, what microphone to use and bandwidth measurements. I would recommend to run this again to make sure the configuration is correct.

To run this installation wizard again please make your customer try to run the "Quick Setup" again. You will find the quick setup at the wrench and screwdriver menu after having logged in.

Hope this solves your issue

//Marius

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marius Nedregaard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bob.

I just tested this configuration, and I can confirm that it is working with no issues.

My setup:

MacBook Air mid `11

Build in Facetime camera

Windows 7 Professional

Cisco Jabber Video for Telepresence 4.4.3.14479

Boot Camp 4.0.1

When you do a new install, you are choosing what camera to use, what microphone to use and bandwidth measurements. I would recommend to run this again to make sure the configuration is correct.

To run this installation wizard again please make your customer try to run the "Quick Setup" again. You will find the quick setup at the wrench and screwdriver menu after having logged in.

Hope this solves your issue

//Marius

Hi Marius,

Thank you for the reply.  I will check this out with your recommendations.

Hi Marius,

Just a quick update on this.  The customer found that they had a corrupt Boot Camp image.  All is working as expected now.

Thank you for your input!

Great news!

Good to hear that everything got sorted out.

Thanks for posting the answer on what that had to be done - this really helps the next user that may encounter the same issue and symptoms.

//Marius