cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Video calling between movi and Cisco Jabber, achievable?

startryst
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, Expert

I'm working an SIP trunk between VCS Control(X7.2) and CUCM(9.0), in which Movi(reside in VCS Control) can call Cisco Jabber for Windows(reside in CUCM), I tried to configure the VCS and CUCM by following link, but I'm not sure whether this is achievable? or it's not possible? What type of client/endpoint can call each other between VCS and CUCM, any matrix of that here?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_Cisco_Unified_Communications_Manager_Deployment_Guide_CUCM_8_9_and_X7-2.pdf

I've followed the section of "Endpoints registered on VCS to call endpoint registered on CUCM" on above link.

BTW, the either movi or Cisco Jabber for windows running perfect under it's own, I mean movi call movi, or Jabber call Jabber...

8 Replies 8

startryst
Level 1
Level 1

sorry, I've worked this out, there might be some configuration wrong, now it's working, the movi can call Cisco Jabber for Windows.

Hi,

I've finished the call from Movi to Cisco Jabber, which movi just dial then short 4 digt number of Jabber; but in the other way, how can Cisco Jabber call movi? Movi come with an email address instead of number? Is there any configuration for Movi to have number? or anyway for Jabber to call email address?

Hi,

In the new CUCM release it should be able to do URI dialling. Or another solution would be to set up ENUM on a DNS server and set up an ENUM zone on the VCS - there should be a deployment guide on that where you saw the other one.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Yes, I saw that, but I can't make an URI dialing from Cisco Jabber for Windows, in which an CSF phone in CUCM....

ENUM is probably the way to go then. It's pretty straight forward to set up as long as you can put NAPTR records in your DNS server.

rasimyigit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I think the Cisco jabber for windows is not able to make a uri dialling call to a movi user on the VCS. I thought that is possible but unfortunately no

rasimyigit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,
How it should works with naptr records and enum zone ? Do you create for all movi users or client Ip's a record? Or ?

The deployment guide is here http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_ENUM_Dialing_Deployment_Guide_X7-2.pdf

Basically it maps phone numbers to H.323 or SIP URI. So you could map a number to a FindMe for each user.