cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SB4 Cloud Users + VCS Microsoft interoperability - Problem !

rfurukawasr3
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone !

We have a integration endpoint vídeo Cisco (SX10, SX20) registered on CUCM 10.5 - With VCS 8.8.1 Microsoft interoperability to SB4 on premisse, it works properly:

To call from Cisco video to S4B users we use: user1@domain_external.com
To call from S4B to Cisco videos we use: 7000@domain.internal (for example)
To call from cisco to internet we use: IP@domain ou SIP_Uri (We use VCS-E)

In that scenario above all calls works properly!

But now we need to migrate some users SB4 to cloud, after some tests we have a problem:

From Calls S4B users Cloud to Cisco video (7000@domain.internal) It works ! Cloud -> S4B Edge -> S4BServ -> VCS-C -> CUCM -> CodecVideoSX20

From Calls Cisco video to S4B cloud users (user1@domain_external.com) Not work ! The calls arrive on cloud, (CUCM -> VCS-C -> S4BServ -> S4bEdge ->Cloud). But after sniffer we see source address Call (7000@IP_CUCM) Private IP, the cloud can't resolve this private IP for reply the call !

After that problem we have a question: Can we replace source address for calls CUCM to Cloud? We can set domain_name rather than IP_CUCM on source address??? If possible I can replace that on CUCM or on VCS-C?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

A few things to check;

In CUCM under System > Enterprise Parameters, make sure you've got the Clusterwide organizational top level domain set.

Under Device > Device Profile > (choose the device profile used by your SX devices) make sure you've got "Use Fully Qualified Domain in SIP requests" checked.  You might need this on the SIP profile for your trunk to VCS also.

Lastly, make sure the endpoint itself has a DNS domain set in its network settings (manually or via DHCP).  This one may or may not be required but always a good idea.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

A few things to check;

In CUCM under System > Enterprise Parameters, make sure you've got the Clusterwide organizational top level domain set.

Under Device > Device Profile > (choose the device profile used by your SX devices) make sure you've got "Use Fully Qualified Domain in SIP requests" checked.  You might need this on the SIP profile for your trunk to VCS also.

Lastly, make sure the endpoint itself has a DNS domain set in its network settings (manually or via DHCP).  This one may or may not be required but always a good idea.

Thanks for reply Nick Halbert-Lillyman !

I was check my configurations on CUCM:

- System > Enterprise Parameters: I don't have any configurations on "Clusterwide Domain Configuration"

- Device Profile: We don't have device profile for video codecs.

- Sip Profile > "Standard SIP Profile For Cisco VCS": This option was checked: "Use Fully Qualified Domain Name in SIP Requests"

- Device > Trunk > "SIP-Trunk-ExpresswayC": on SIP Profile option is set: Standard SIP Profile For Cisco VCS.

- On EndPoints SX10, SX20: We have set domain name and DNS servers manually.

I think I need just to configure domain name on System Parameters, "Clusterwide Domain Configuration" option!

But I have doubts about impact on my systems, 'cause I have integration with another systems for example, voice mail with "MS Exchange" !
If I set domain name on that option, can I have some problem with another integrations?

Thanks so Much to help us !!!

Pretty sure it shouldn't affect anything, but you can always do it after hours and test, changing back if you have to.  Just make sure you reset the trunk and SX after the change.