cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

smartnet

kralph
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm trying to get a quote for a smartnet extended warranty for my customer but I have no idea how to get this. My supplier who I bought the hardware (CS-KIT-K9) from say they can't supply me with a quote because I don't meet certain criteria?

8 Replies 8

Stephanie Knoop
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Are you buying used/grey market hardware? I would question what criteria it is they feel cannot be met. In order to sell SmartNet, you have to be a Cisco partner, so I would validate if you are working with an authorized partner. You can find an partner here<>, and provided your hardware can be validated, they should be able to sell you a support contract.

Response Signature

Thanks for your reply. It is a new product & I'm buying from an approved supplier here in the UK. I'm not a cisco partner as I've only just started to sell cisco products. Is it worth me registering as a partner? Is it a long process?

Hi. You're welcome. I honestly don't know how long it takes, but you can get started here: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/partners/become-a-partner.html and maybe it will become clear quickly. I've been working for a partner for a long time, to just know from that perspective. As you go up the "ranks" of partnership, so to speak, the certifications can be time consuming for specializations, but I think you are not at that point yet. Best of luck!

Response Signature

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Your local Cisco Partner should be able to sell your customer smartnet for their Room Kit.  if they won't - I'd suggest you try one of the others - see Partner Finder (cisco.com) to search in your country.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi again, thanks for the replies. My distributor says they cannot find me on cisco but I've just registered to become a partner and had confirmation. Where do I find my cisco id? 

Your Cisco ID is the same as what you use to log in to these forums.  It would be better if the Service Contract was associated with an ID for your customer though, so they can easily find it in the future, or manage it along with any others they own regardless of which vendor they purchase it from.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks for your reply Wayne. What should my cisco ID look like? Is it just numbers? I gave them what I thought it was but they couldn't find my company. I log into the forum with my email address 

If you log in to the forums (or the support web site) with your email address, then that is what your ID is.

Wayne